Golf Level 1-Skills
The Golf Level 1-Skills group allows athletes to train and compete in the 6 basic golf skills. Within each of these events, they will have 5 shots to score points. They are working to build their scores and skills through each event towards a maximum of 120 points total combined across all 6 events. As our athletes’ skills grow in the game, they can move up to Levels 2, 3, 4 or 5.
Susan Sarnecki – email@example.com
Training Times & Locations (July-September):
Thursdays, 6:00pm-8:00 pm, Timbers at Troy Golf Course
Athletes will learn the 6 basic golf strokes (long putt, short putt, chipping, pitching, iron shot, wood shot). During practice, athletes will rotate through 2-3 practice stations with their assigned group.
[tribe_events category=”golf-skills” view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” date=”today”]
- Desire to learn basic golf strokes.
- Desire to have fun!!
- Athlete must have a basic (4 piece) set of golf clubs by the first practice.
- Special Olympics may have clubs to borrow on a first come, first serve basis.
- Athletes must wear a collared shirt for practices.
- Special Olympics competition polo shirts provided for athletes attending competitions.
- End of season State Competition (for athletes that have completed 2 or more qualifiers).
- Volunteers will assist in moving groups of athletes from station to station.
- Volunteers will support Coaches with instructing athletes.