Powerlifters perform three competitive events: the squat, the bench, and the deadlift. A lifter receives three attempts for each event. Only the heaviest successful attempt is counted. At the end of the competition, the lifter’s best lift from each event is added together to make up the lifter’s “total”. Powerlifting is a highly inclusive sport. Both men and women have their own divisions. For each gender, there are approximately ten weight classes. The men’s weight classes range from 114lbs all the way to 308lbs+. The women’s weight classes range from 97lbs to 198lbs+. The age groups are different levels of competition.
Bill Long – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress in workout clothes – sweatshirt and pants; shorts; athletic shoes.
Athletes may bring a towel and a bottle of water
[tribe_events category=”power-lifting” view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” date=”today”]
- Athletes must be at least age 16.
- Able to use weightlifting equipment.
- Athletes must commit to attending required qualifiers and state competition.
Equipment is provided.
Singlet with ‘T’ shirt is provided to athletes.
- State Fall Games
- Assist each athlete with their exercise on the stationary apparatus and with the free weights.
- Record athlete’s progression.